Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cole's new bed


About 3 weeks ago we switched Cole to his new big boy bed!  We wanted him to be okay with it well before the baby came.  We had him help us move the crib to the baby's room, which had him a little confused.  He started to get upset, until I brought out the "ball" sheets and Rob started putting the bed together.  Cole loves his new bed and did very well the first night!  He fell out once, I have no idea how since there are bed rails, but he went right back to sleep.  Since then we have had no problems, he goes down well for naps and bedtime.  He had never tried to get out so far.  I am so happy that that hurdle is over with, what a relief!  I am so glad that the painting is done too - I painted the bed and dresser navy to match the stripes in his room - it took forever!  1 coat of tinted primer and 2 coats of the paint- never again!  I hate to paint!  The cool thing about the bed though is that it has been passed down for 3 generations - it was my uncle's, then mine, then Nate's and now it is Cole's!  They just don't make things like they used to!

No comments: